Reading, Writing & Other Addictions

Facing Reality Through Fiction

A Busy Couple of Weeks

on 12/10/2012


Okay, here is an update.  I finished NaNoWriMo! 50,000 words written in November. My novel isn’t finished but I’m going to try to finish it before January.  I have the “You’ve Won” graphic, but it’s on my laptop and I’m not on my laptop right now.

I did get sick by the end of November and had to force myself through the last 4,000 words.  My mom thinks it’s because I was running myself ragged and then trying to stay up half the night writing.  You see I have a full-time job and I also petsit. This year I have been at other people’s homes more than mine.  This requires a lot of driving and I never sleep well at other people’s houses.  I was at someone else’s house over Thanksgiving and that’s were I got sick. Plus I have a cat of my own (which is why there is a lot of driving).

My cat hadn’t been feeling well, so I took her to  the vet and she was diagnosed with diabetes.  By the time the tests had been run I was at someone else’s house again (Dec. 1-9). I went back to check on her on Tuesday, and noticed blood in her urine.  I had Bible study that night, so I had several groups praying for my cat, while I freaked out for the rest of the week, not knowing what to do since I was at someone else’s house.

On Friday, I took her back to the vet and he confirmed that she had an infection, though there was no blood in her urine.  I give God the credit for that.  The vet pumped her full of penicillin and gave her antibiotics.  I also got the prescription for insulin and syringes, which I will be filling today or Wednesday and making another appointment with the vet to learn how to jab my cat with needles.

Also, I have stopped petsitting. I’ve contacted all my clients and even canceled the job I had over Christmas.  She understood that I need to take care of Little Bit.

Anyway, it’s been a busy, emotionally draining two weeks.  The most fun I had was when my niece and I went to two movies.  I was sick and overdid it, which made me worse, but I did have fun. Right now, I’m just happy to be home.  Little Bit is happy too.  She didn’t stop purring all evening, and even took her pill well.

Thank you Lord for taking care of her when I could not. Please help me to learn how to take care of her now that she has this disease.

Please keep Little Bit in your prayers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: